10/25/09

Releasing the Pain Mindfully

Pain cells screaming head to toe
muscle cramps won’t let go
Suffering, suffering from this pain
grant me courage for another way

pain is an event within the body
suffering’s the name given it emotionally

but a way of life called mindfulness
allows the experience of pain to be less
Let it go, let it go...detach from the pain
It’s just a sensation, don’t give it a name

Look all around at what you see
a flower, a bird, a sunrise, a tree
stay in this moment, in this now
releasing the pain, this is how

I have been using Mindfulness Meditation and living in the Now to help with my pain. Why didn’t I learn this years ago? It really does make a difference.

If anyone else is dealing with chronic pain, I would be happy to explain more of how it works. Feel free to email me at tamara(at)desiretoheal(dot)com.

2 comments:

Laura said...

I've tried mindfulness to help with my obsessive thinking. Sometimes it helps, other times not. I don't think I've quite gotten the hang of it.

Tamara (TC) Staples said...

Drifter,

I think it really takes constant practice for it to really help. I have been doing it twice a day and I am beginning to see benefits. However, I have to say that some days my meditations take me to ecstasy and I don't want them to end and others are a struggle to get through. I think that is the nature of the beast. I would encourage you to keep trying it because when it works, it is powerful!

Hugs,
Tamara