9/1/09

My Dream - A Poem

I didn’t go to college or earn a degree.
I didn’t join a company and become a VP.
I’m not a doctor, lawyer or teacher.
I’m not an actress, athlete or preacher.
But, I have a dream deep inside,
and from others this dream I hide.
I want to be a writer weaving words together;
I want to write novels that are bound in leather.
I struggle on from day to day
trying to understand what I have to say.
What I write now comes out in rhyme;
but, I certainly hope there will be a time
when my inner novelist finally breaks free
plotting stories that you can’t wait to read.

4 comments:

Laura said...

I love it, Tamara! May your dream come true.

sbwrites said...

Tamara,
I love this poem. And I love writing in rhyme. You already are a writer. And I know that one day you'll be a published one.

With love,
Susan

Corina said...

I think we subconsciously write what and how we need to until we are able to move on.

When I first was going through my divorce, the first 18 or so months (mine lasted 4 1/2 years from filing to final judgment) everything I wrote came as a poem and it came in Spanish. I don't write poetry and I don't write in Spanish but something in me needed to be let out and it came in the form of poetry in Spanish. Once all that got processed, I was able to move on and get back to writing my short stories in English.

I think you'll move on to prose when your Inner Self is ready. Just keep the pen moving!

Tamara (TC) Staples said...

Thank you, everyone. Your support is much appreciated.

Susan, I am feeling more positive about that now. I will try to write a post today about my day yesterday reading through my manuscript.

Corina, how interesting that you would all of the sudden write poetry in Spanish. Glad you were able to just go with it.