9/17/09

Letting Fear Go

I subscribe to a daily message from Neale Donald Walsch and just received this one in my email. It is so apropos to what I have been feeling lately that I had to share it! I have a feeling that I am not the only one that could benefit from this message today.

On this day of your life, Tamara, I believe God wants you to know...
 
...that it is never safe to look into the future with eyes
of fear.
 
Edward H.Harriman said that, and he was right. Nothing
is fearful lest thinking make it so. I can honestly say that
probably 95% of the things I was afraid of, it turned out
I had no reason to be. 
 
And even if the thing you fear happens...so what? Again,
95% of the time your world is not going to fall apart, your
life will not be in danger. So drop fear by the wayside.
Just... let it go. Then make way for a surprising tomorrow.



 

4 comments:

Laura said...

I really needed this post. Thanks for sharing.

Jill Kemerer said...

Excellent post! So much of what we fear never even happens. Thanks for the reminder to embrace the unknown future.

Jeanette Levellie said...

Tamara:
I love your red hair!

When I't tempted to fear, it helps me to ask, "what is the worst that may happen?" I can usually deal with that thought, and even if it's something dire like death, I know I'll be in Jesus' house then. So...
no need to fear.

Thanks for reminding us!


Jen
Audience of ONE

Tamara (TC) Staples said...

@Drifter, So glad that this post was timely for you.

@Jill, Isn't it crazy the way we build frightening scenarios in our heads and then live life like they are real??

@Jen, Thank you for stopping by. Yes, I forget to ask that question sometimes but asking it can make a world of difference in talking myself down from fear.