11/26/09

All of This Am I

I finished NaNo just in time for Thanksgiving. I am excited to begin the rewrite process. However, before doing that, I am catching up on cleaning house, ignored correspondence, reading all of your wonderful blogs and myriad other things I let slide for the month.

I hope you all have a beautiful Thanksgiving Day! I am thankful for each and every one of you and cherish the friendship you offer.

Here is a little poem for your Turkey Day enjoyment!


All of This I am

Who am I?
I asked the wind.
It blew and blew and blew...
and then
on a cloudless day I asked the sky -
please, please tell me
Who am I?

The sun set and
day melted to night
I looked up to ask the stars
Who am I?

I asked the trees, I asked the earth.
Surely, somewhere I could find my worth.

I listened to the snow softly kissing the ground.
I listened to wild animals all around.

Then one day in a lake mirror smooth,
I saw my reflection and somehow I knew...

I am the wind, I am the sky
I am the stars, the trees am I
I am the snow softly kissing the ground
I am the wild animals all around.

There exists no boundary where I end
and where everything else begins.

I take a deep breath flinging my arms wide
so thankful to know -
All of This am I.

9 comments:

Corina said...

You finished!? You must be participating under a different name from last year because that one says 0 words!

I'm trying to catch up. I finally reached 42,000. With luck I will get to at least 43,500 before getting to bed in a few hours!

Wandering Coyote said...

You finished! That's so totally awesome! I am at 48,429 - and remember my goal was 20,000!!!

Happy Thanksgiving, my friend! I hope you had a great day!

Laura said...

Congrats for finishing Nano! You're a whirlwind.

Tamara (TC) Staples said...

Corina - I could not figure out what I signed up under last year and so signed up as TC Staples this year. I finished a couple of days ago. I put a real push on to be done before Thanksgiving. Good luck to you and I hope the writing flows easily. You are SO close!

WC - You are doing great! Way to go! Isn't writing fiction fun??

Drifter - Thank you so much. Maybe I can get back to visiting blogs again! ;-) Hope you are doing well.

sbwrites said...

Great poem. Great success in finishing your goal! Happy Thanksgiving my friend!

Corina said...

You were TamaraC last year. I looked for you under TC Staples but couldn't find you until I typed it with no space (TCStaples).

I validated my word count today. I'm not done but I just decided to get it over with since I seem to have little energy these days.

Tamara (TC) Staples said...

Susan - I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Thank you for stopping by. I am just about caught up since NaNo. I can't believe how much I just let go for the entire month of November. LOL! I will stop by your blog tomorrow and catch up with you. I feel like I have barely talked to you in weeks.

Corina - Good for you! I am about to begin the rewrite process. I am actually quite excited about it. I think it was smart of you to go ahead and validate your word count to take the stress off. Now you can just enjoy writing your novel. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving. Did you spend it with your daughter?

Eileen Astels Watson said...

Congrats on your Nano win, and thanks for the poem.

Tamara (TC) Staples said...

Eileen,

Thanks for stopping by! I love your photo. You look so cherry in your pink sweater!

Hugs,
Tamara